Zabludowicz Collection, London, UK
176, Prince of Wales Road, London
Inaugurated in 2007, the Zabludowicz Collection’s London project space presents exhibitions of collection works and new commissions by artists linked to the collection. Its varied programme includes group and solo exhibitions, commissions, residencies, and Testing Ground, an annual initiative for higher education in the arts and curating.
History of the building
The former Methodist chapel that houses the collection was built between 1867 and 1871, in the Corinthian style. For nearly a century, it was the main place of worship for the Methodist community in north London. In 1963, the building was taken over by the London Drama School, which pioneered the Russian branch of method acting in the UK.
In 2004, when The London Drama Centre moved to new premises in Clerkenwell the building fell into disrepair. It was purchased by the Zabludowicz Collection in 2005 and was restored with a minimum of interference into its natural fabric by Allford Hall Monaghan and Morris. It reopened to the public in September 2007 as the London home of the Zabludowicz Collection. In 2010 the foyer was redesigned by Michael Marriott.
Featured NewsRSS Feed
Sarah Lucas on loan to Whitworth Gallery, Manchester
20 March 2015
Spamaggedon by Sarah Lucas is currently on view at the newly refurbished Whitworth Gallery
Previous Invites artists The ARKA Group will feature in Echo Chamber, a new commission by acclaimed theatre designer Chloe Lamford
Heather Phillipson presents new online commission ‘SERIOUS TRACTION’
26 February 2015
Previous Invites artist Heather Phillipson presents SERIOUS TRACTION for Opening Times Digital Art Commissions